AUCTION 37 ANTIQUE ARMS AND ARMOR
An original German WWI wound badge. Established on March 3rd, 1918 by Prussian King Wilhelm II to recognize the sacrifice of those wounded during the war. The badge is in the form of a vertical oval with an embossed, high relief, profile of a Stahlhelm superimposed over crossed swords on a pebbled background and laurel leaf wreath, the reverse plain with a vertical needle style pin, marked "L/75" (indistinctively) and a functional hinge/catch assembly.
Dimensions: L: 1 3/4 in., (4.5 cm.)